Monday, August 17, 2009

Busy, Fun (Fast) Week



Jon finished up his slowpitch softball season on Monday. Now our Monday nights can be spent grocery shopping, going for wagon rides, doing laundry, or playing outside!!!

Jon's birthday was on Wednesday, and I have a really great story about it!! Tuesday night, I made him cookies to take to work for his birthday completely forgetting that I had a food day on Wednesday. When I got to work, I realized I had forgotten to bring something for food day. I decided to get some soda since I didn't make any food. I went to Target "to save a couple bucks" and that I did until I headed back to work and got a speeding ticket! (hence the FAST weekend)

Thursday, Penny (our daycare provider) was sick. She finally got the flu that all the kids had. It was my turn to stay home with Brayden. I had such a great time hanging out with my little man!! We went to the Iowa State Fair from 9am-11am to see Daddy. He was working at his employer's booth. We shared some of those amazing chocolate chip cookies and then headed home. Brayden and I had a picnic lunch on the deck. We took a nap together and headed to the swimming pool. Brayden wanted NOTHING to do with the water this time, but still had a great time.
Above: Brayden at the Iowa State Fair for the first time... eating a warm chocolate chip cookie! Below: All tuckered out from a long day: Fair, Pool, and a lot of playing!


Friday, I pampered myself with two chick flicks. :)

Saturday, we went to Josh's for a cookout/hangout. It was fun to see all the kids and friends. We went to church Sunday morning and out to brunch to celebrate Jon's birthday.

Here we are tonight, sitting around. Jon got a Flip video recorder (pocket sized video recorder). We have been testing it out. Once we have some good videos, I'll be sure to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment