Friday, September 11, 2009

September--Football Season!!

WOW… September already!!
The first week(s) of September have been nothing short of amazing! College football began!! Thursday, Sept. 3rd, we went to Ames for ISU’s season opener against N. Dakota State. Being a hawk fan, I didn’t think I would enjoy the game much, but I did. After all, I love football!! Jon and I dropped Brayden off at Grandma Sue’s after work on Thursday, went to the game, picked Brayden up and drove back to WDM. We both had Friday off since our daycare was closed. We all slept in, cleaned, did laundry, and left for Waterloo around 1:30pm.
Friday night, we went to Mike and Anna Lind’s annual keggar. We played some intense games of Pepper with Jason and Amanda, Shane and Susan, Dean and Emily, and Jon and Erica. We all had so much fun!
Saturday, we watched the Iowa and UNI game… C’mon IOWA! You gotta play better than that! Your fans want more from you! Saturday night Jon had his fantasy football draft at the Hosch’s. All the couples and the kids got together and played. It is like a daycare center when we all get together. Kids EVERYWHERE!
Sunday, Jon, Brayden, and I went and visited Jon’s grandma Mary. We took her to lunch at Bill’s in Independence and Brayden played with her teacups. He was so funny! He kept walking from her linoleum to her carpet and would put one foot half on each and look at me like, “Mommy, there is something different feeling!” We then drove to one of my college roommate’s weddings in Cedar Rapids. Congrats Bret and Maria! After the dinner portion of the reception, Brayden was cashed out. We drove to Shane and Susan’s for the night. We put the kids to bed and then the adults played Pepper—obsessed? I think so!
Monday morning, the guys played golf and Susan and I took the boys (Brayden and Jackson) to breakfast and then to a petting zoo. While I was driving on 380 into CR, Brayden started screaming. I look back to see that he has cut his eye with the sand shovel he was playing with. I panicked a little bit, pulled over on a side street, and gave him lots of hugs and kisses! (Side note: I freaked out because there was blood… I’m just pleased with myself because I did not throw up or pass out). The boys were zonked out by the time we got to the park, so we turned around and went back to Shane and Susan’s house. Susan and I put in Twilight—yes, I think I have her hooked now! We ordered some Pizza Hut and headed home. I helped Sarah with some pictures that evening at the Art Center and our weekend was officially over.
We have had a long/short week. Brayden now has 12 teeth. He had the top four and bottom four since May, but he decided to get 4 molars last week. His poor gums are so swollen that he gags himself every once in a while.
Last night my slow pitch softball team played our first tournament game. We won! We play next Thursday at 7:15pm. NFL kicked off yesterday as well! My Steelers won their season opener against the Tennessee Titans, but my favorite player, Troy Polamalu, left the game with a knee injury!
We are heading up to my dad’s tonight for dinner and hanging out. Finally get to have his infamous smoked chicken, potatoes, etc on the grill!! I’ve been talking about it for a LONG time! We are spending the night there and Jon and I are heading to the IOWA vs ISU game tomorrow morning at 5AM! Brayden is going to spend the day with Grandpa and Julie! Sunday, we are heading up to Independence for the Reidy/Knipp Family Picnic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment